Broiler Farming project report
The broiler chicken production of our country is growing at the rate of nearly 8-10% every yea. The consumption of chicken meat has increased significantly during past two decades. Government is promoting this industry by providing subsidy. Considering the vast potential of this industry in employment generation we have included many poultry project reports in this site. We shall include many more project reports in coming months as per demand by our visitors. We request our visitors to inform us about their requirement by filling our web mail contact us form.Before starting a Hybrid Broiler farm the entrepreneurs/ farmers are advised to under go training on poultry farming. They can contact Local Animal Husbandry Department staffs/Veterinary College/agriculture university etc. for the purpose. They should also visit progressive broiler farmers and government/ agricultural university poultry farm in the locality. They must check the following points before starting a Broiler farm.
1. Availability of hybrid broiler chicks in local market
2. Nearness of the Farm to Veterinary Hospital, Animal disease diagnostic laboratory
3. Marketing facility of Broiler in local market
4. Availability of broiler feed & medicine in their locality.PROJECT REPORT FOR ESTABLISHMENT OF 1000 COMMERCIAL BROILERS PER CYCLE IN DEEP LITTER HOUSING (ALL IN ALL OUT SYSTEM)
(Back ended capital subsidy is available for this project subject to a ceiling of Rs 56,000/- for a unit of 1000 birds ( Rs 74,600/- for SC/ST farmers and NEStates including Sikkim). Subsidy shall be restricted on a prorata basis depending on the unit size, subject to a ceiling of Rs 2.80 lakh ( Rs 3.73lakh for SC / ST farmers and NE States including Sikkim ) for details visit our Subsidy(PVCF) page of our site.)
This project report has been worked out subject to the following conditions:
1. Hybrid Broiler Chicks will be purchased from commercial hatcheries for every batch.
2. Sale price of finisher birds will change in accordance with change in purchase price of feed & chick .
3.Bio-security measures must be strictly adopted.
5. The farm must be managed by the entrepreneur on scientific lines.
Deep Litter Housing for broiler chicken
Floor – One square feet floor space per bird is required for broiler chicken. The floor of the poultry house should be concrete cemented, strong & rodent proof ,and have slope towards door. Plinth should be 2ft. higher than ground.
Walls-lengthwise wall may be only one foot high, brick wall on sides,4ft wire netting above brick wall should be supported with angle iron. End wall of poultry house should be made of bricks. Maximum breadth of poultry house should be 27 feet. There should be partition in every 500 squire feet.
Roof – Roof of the poultry house may be of asbestos or tile. It should 12-ft. high at the center and 6-8ft. high on the side wall with 3ft extension of roof beyond wall to prevent rain water from entering poultry house.